|ISBN: 9780761946267||Paperback||Suggested Retail Price: $28.95||Bookstore Price: $23.16|
|ISBN: 9780761946250||Hardcover||Suggested Retail Price: $68.95||Bookstore Price: $55.16|
About This Title
Take the confusion out of assessment, and make it work to enhance the learning process—every day!
Assessment and evaluation are central to educational reform, and they represent major shifts in thinking about learning, about schools, and about teaching. Assessment as Learning represents one of these crucial changes, but it encompasses more than just using a variety of new techniques. The concept of Assessment as Learning allows teachers to use their judgment about children’s understanding to inform the teaching process and to determine what to do for individual children.
This timely resource takes the mystery and confusion out of assessment by reframing its purpose in student evaluation and learning. It will provide teachers and school and district administrators with:
- Mechanisms for effective use of assessment as learning in a variety of contexts
- Compelling, real-life examples and case studies drawn from the author’s own experiences
- Sample rubrics and lesson plans as well as "Ideas for Follow-up" at the end of each chapter
- An understanding of the possible confusion surrounding assessment and its place in the learning process
- A detailed discussion of the changing role of schooling and our increasing knowledge about the complex nature of learning
Learn to embrace assessment, not just as a tool for student evaluation, but as a valuable strategy for everyday classroom learning.
Should you need additional information or have questions regarding the HEOA information provided for this title, including what is new to this edition, please email email@example.com. Please include your name, contact information, and the name of the title for which you would like more information. For information on the HEOA, please go to http://ed.gov/policy/highered/leg/hea08/index.html.
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320